App and about
I won’t lie, when that title first came to me, I thought it was quite genius. Looking at it now, it isn’t, but I am too lazy to come up with another one. Especially because I will probably feel the same way about it later. That’s pretty much the story of my life with titles.
If you think I am joking, ‘appy’ was plan B. Yes, I am lame; I have made peace with it.
Before I say something completely lame, I’ll get to the point of this post – my current favourite apps that I use regularly as I go about this adulting thing;
- Candy Crush: This is the BEST app ever. The irony is that I didn’t play Candy Crush back when it was the hype. Now that I am approaching level 1000, I can’t imagine how I lived my life without it. Definitely my favourite app.
- Safe Boda: If there is a Ugandan business that doesn’t operate in a ‘So Ug’ way, it is Safe Boda. I love Safe Boda for many reasons (thanks again for the credit), but their customer service and care is at the top of that list. Like I said, my relationship with Safe Boda is a greater love story than Twilight. Keep your eye out for their promos.
- Bank of Africa’s Mobile Wallet: Banks don’t have great reach, and because of this, many people don’t have access to financial services. To help with this, financial technologies have integrated bank apps to provide wider access to financial services. The mobile wallet is a result of such efforts. WOW, hope you didn’t doze off. Anyway, this app allows me to buy airtime, send and receive money on mobile money. I can then buy Yaka units off mobile money at midnight, because damn, the beeping of the Yaka meter can drive one crazy. I can also check my account balance a million times in pay week, instead of making painful pointless trips to the ATM. I can transfer money to other bank accounts too. Aint life good?
- Jumia Food: Do I really need to explain why a good food app is part of my life? If you are a foodie who is not particularly interested in preparing your meals, then this app was made for you. And even if cooking is your thang, there is no harm in trying new things. Jumia Food has a variety of restaurants for whatever you are in the mood for. They also have insane promos to sort out even #500KTwitter. What’s your excuse?
- Uber: The traffic situation in Kampala sometimes doesn’t make this the smartest choice of transportation, but it really comes in handy in the late hours of the night/early hours of the morning. The recent price cuts are definitely a plus for using the app.
- Pinterest: This is another app that I can’t explain why I didn’t fall for sooner. I love it. Whatever you are looking for, there is a pin for it. Super cool!!
Soooooooo, what apps do you like/love/ use regularly?